Finding Ways To Exercise In Peace After A Pregnancy
Pregnancy is one sure way to gain extra weight, and it can be difficult to work it off later. You may be constantly busy and tired and not willing to show others how far out of shape your body has become. Fear not; there are many ways around public workouts that can get you back into top form before you know it. Use the “Exercise In Peace After A Pregnancy” tips to get you started.
1. Invest in equipment for the home. Not surprisingly, most home gym equipment ends up at thrift stores and in yard sales, so it’s easy to find a great set-up for your personal use at home. Get a tread mill or exercise bike and use it daily.
2. Use videos as your guide. Many videos are dedicated to helping people just like you! Pick up one you can relate to and that will encourage your return to fitness gradually and in the privacy of your own home.
3. Work around your back yard. Fresh air and a mini-workout will be very beneficial for you both in terms of exercise and peace of mind. Plant some flowers or healthy organic vegetables, and make a point of walking around the yard often.
4. Visit the gym at off-peak hours. Depending on your schedule and the help you have with the baby, you might feel more comfortable showing up at the gym when hardly anybody else is around. Ask staff when the place is most likely to be empty and put in an appearance around that time.
5. Wear loose-fitting workout clothing. Large-sized clothing will somewhat mask the weight you’ve put on and will also be more comfortable to stretch and work out in. Just make sure it’s not so loose that it could catch on to equipment or trip you up in any way.
6. Stick with darker colors. Dark blue and deep black will automatically give you the appearance of being smaller than you are; use them throughout your fitness efforts to make you feel a little bit less self-conscious about your weight. Buy a few new shirts or pants that have flair and fashion and you’ll be even happier with your temporary disguise.
7. Ask a friend to join you. Chances are really good that people are not in fact staring at you and whispering about all the weight you’ve put on, and a friend can help show you that! They can also boost your motivation and keep you dedicated to the program.
8. Try a gym with people like you in attendance. One very well-known chain caters to women only, and most of the attendees are happy to be working out with less than perfect bodies! Look for a place like that, and let the first words that come out of your mouth be, “I just had a baby!” and the comradery and warmth you will be met with will welcome and support you.
9. Work on reducing stress as part of your program. Enjoy your favorite music while you work out or add yoga and stretches to intently melt stress away. Don’t let working out become an intense obsession that just adds to your hectic life with a million expectations on you!
10. Remember why you gained this weight in the first place is because of pregnancy. Yes, it’s a little bit discouraging to pack on extra pounds and have to work them off, but considering what you’ve got in return, it’s a no-brainer. Think of the great example you will be setting for your child with a strong commitment to fitness and appreciate everything you’ve sacrificed for.
It’s important to take good care of yourself now, too. Although that baby is now the sole focus of your universe, getting back into shape has got to be somewhere on your list of priorities. Use the tips from this article to get your body back without a lot of fuss or fanfare.